More and more men are buying jewelry these days and there is a wide variety to choose from in the market. From wedding rings to fancy bracelets and earrings, men’s jewelry has become trendier than before. And, the kind of materials in which these are made also show astonishing variety. Teenagers and young men are especially fond of designer jewelry. Several established jewelers have now started their exclusive line of men’s jewelry that cater to each and every need and occasion. If you are planning to buy jewelry for men, the following tips will come handy for you.
What to buy
Today, men wear almost all the pieces of jewelry traditionally worn by women, such as chains, earrings, and even bangles. However, what each person wears differs based on his personality, profession, social and economic status, age, religion, and even geographical location. Some cultures have put a taboo on men wearing any kind of jewelry or jewelry made from specific materials. If you are buying jewelry as a gift to a man, it is important to know whether this person will be able to wear it.
- When you are planning to buy men’s jewelry as a gift, the most accepted choice is, of course, bracelets. They suit men of all types and ages. Various styles and designs are available in men’s bracelet collections. Most men prefer simple bracelets that do not look awkward on their hands even if they wear them with a suit or to work. There are bracelets that can be worn daily; there are some others that are meant for special occasions like weddings, festivals, etc. While younger men and teenagers would like to wear fashionable designer bracelets, older men would be interested in sleek and elegant ones that are not very showy. However, the type of bracelet one chooses depends on the person’s attitude and likes. Some older men may like to wear what the youngsters use.
- Rings are another popular men’s jewelry. They are very common accessories worn by almost all men. Wedding rings, engagement rings, fancy rings, birthstone rings, traditional rings, etc. are usually bought by men. Some men like plain rings while some others wear huge rings with stones and other embellishments.
– Watches are also considered men’s jewelry though they are more of an accessory. From regular watches to expensive designer watches, these are preferred by most men as the perfect gift. They have practical use as well as style. You can buy men’s watches for daily use, for occasions like wedding, Christmas, etc., sports watches, and watches to match the wardrobe.
– These are very stylish pieces of men’s jewelry. Pendants are worn by men for various reasons like religious tradition, community symbol, good luck charms, etc. They come in various designs, styles, and materials. Teenagers are especially fond of huge pendants with unorthodox designs and patterns.
– Though not a very common choice in men’s jewelry, there are those who wear them as part of tradition or fashion. They could be rings or studs.
– They are classic pieces of men’s jewelry. From traditional designs to fancy patterns, cufflinks are great accessories for men.
Chains and Necklaces
– From simple chains to elaborate necklaces with diamonds and other precious stones, this section of men’s jewelry has a wide range of products to choose from. Pendants can be paired with chains or necklaces.
Materials used for men’s jewelry
While the most traditional and popular material used for men’s jewelry is gold, today a lot of other materials are also bought by people the world over. These include white gold, platinum, silver, steel, sterling silver, titanium, leather, wood, rubber, plastic, jute, clay, pearl, coral, roots, seeds, and many other unconventional materials like bone, CDs, electronic equipment parts, etc.
Some men prefer white gold or silver or platinum or even titanium because it is less showy than the yellow gold. Gold is bought more for weddings and engagements. Steel is also a very popular choice among men. Teenagers who wear clusters of bracelets and bangles often go for steel jewelry because of the chic and solid look it has. Steel jewelry is very sturdy and has a very manly appeal. Gold has a soft and mellow impact.
Precious and semi-precious stones are liked by a lot of men. Diamonds rank first in this. Wedding rings mounted with a single large diamond are very popular. Diamond pendants for men are exquisite pieces of jewelry. Other gems like rubies, emeralds, sapphires, and semi-precious stones like moonstones, garnets, etc. are also favored by men in their jewelry. These can be embellished on rings, pendants, necklaces, earrings, cufflinks, and watches. Most of the men wear these for special occasions.
Men look for masculine and durable materials for their jewelry. Stainless steel and titanium jewelry has these qualities. The polished appearance of these metals makes them look very much like platinum. However, these are less much more affordable than platinum. Though costlier, platinum is more durable than gold. Tungsten is also a very strong and durable metal commonly used for making men’s jewelry. It is scratch resistant and is quite heavy. Stainless steel, titanium, and tungsten jewelry offer a lot of variety in terms of design and pattern when compared to gold.