Bamboo Art - How it is done?
It's a small village in the Western part of Odisha ( State in the Eastern Part of India ) where it is hard to believe a community of people ( almost entire village ) produces this kind of artistic products from Bamboo. When I saw their art for the first time, I was mesmerized, all manual work. It was unbelievable to see what a bare hand can produce. They have been doing this art for years and that may be the trick, but still ..
We at SharePyar have collaborated with them to get their products to the entire world, which was earlier not visible outside and their work had never been appreciated by anyone. They still are poor and do this part time these days as there is no demand of their product around their area. So we at SharePyar want to showcase their art to a wider audience & in this process it will give them a regular earning stream.
How these products are made:
1) Bamboo Tree
2) Bamboo Roots
3) Instruments used
4) After Bamboo Roots are polished
5) The polished roots are given a shape by joining as required.
6) Each body part are made with minute detail
7) Small parts need more care
8) Flame is applied to give a natural shade of color
9) The parts are carefully glued together
10) Final touches are given
11) Here you go .. after couple of days of hard work finally the piece of art is ready.