Play Station (PSP, PSP2, PSP3) - Buying Guide
The envy of its prized possessors till a few years ago, the play station has been ruling the roost for all its gaming fans that just can’t seem to be having enough of it.
A hot favorite for gamers of all ages, the play station in its latest models is as hotly desired as it was when it was launched years back. The demand for play stations has already surged high enough to lure big players to take out their own versions.
What makes it such a hot favorite?
Essentially a gaming device, the PSP is also a digital music player and a video player and for you to have a really good time now it comes with an internet web browser too all thanks to a recent firmware update.
Enjoy the feel and power of a virtual movie theater in your hands with the PSP’s grand look--the terrific screen overshadows the rest of the system, and the black or translucent buttons complete its ultra modern look. And if you have been wondering why many PSP owners are spending more time watching videos than playing games on the system, we’ll let you in that big secret-it has
An outstanding crystal clear picture quality!
The PSP has a lot of great games in store for a gamer, but here comes the silver lining-most of these games are portable versions of games which are already in use by other popular game franchises on major console platforms such as the GTA, SOCOM and the Burnout. That surely doesn’t make these games unworthy of a fair clientele as they have great graphics, amazing sound and above all an exciting game play!!
In today’s competitive gaming arena, you really need to show why you stand out in the crowd and offer what no one does. And gaming fans are always craving for more!
Models and Features
Play Station Portable (PSP)
There are now three different PSP models.
The original ebony black is the sturdiest -- the prettiest, too.
The second, the PSP 2000, a hot favorite because it's lighter, thinner, and has a brighter screen than the original. The speakers are on the top, so your gaming fingers don't cover them when playing.
The third, the PSP 3000, is supposed to have an even better screen, one that you can view better in sunlight. But you'll see scan lines when there's a lot of movement from characters in your game. The screen also draws more power, so your battery life suffers a bit.
Considered to be the greatest console ever, PS2 has dominated the market ever since its launch in the year 2000.
- Features much lighter (near about half the weight) and more portable than the original PS2.
- Complete overhaul of the internal architecture for a 75% reduction in volume.
- Integrated Ethernet port for online gaming.
- Optical digital outputs for Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound capabilities.
- Benefits from one of the largest selections ofgames of any system in history.
- Its PCMCIA type III slot and two USB ports make it expandable and compatible.
- Slimmer, more compact design (almost a quarter of the original PS2 size).
- And the best part -You can hook it up to yourcomputer and play against people on the Web or even exchange information with your digital camera.
The Play station 3 Or the PS3 is the third home video game console produced by Sony, as the successor to PS2.
The PS3 competes and competes well with Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s Wii as part of the seventh generation gaming consoles.
- Robust multimedia capabilities
- Unified online gaming service.
- Use of Blue Ray Disc.
- Connectivity with the Play Station Portable.
- Power PC-base Core Cell CPU @ 3.2 GHz
- 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
- 7 x 128b 128 SIMD
- 512KB L2 cache
- 7 x 256 KB SRAM for SPE
- Gross floating point feat: 218 GFLOPS
- Full HD (1080) x 2 paths
- 8 TFLOPS floating point performance
- RSX @550 MHz
- USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
- Detachable 2.5" I/O
- SD standard/mini x 1
- Compact Flash (Type I, II) x 1
- Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
- 256 MB XDR Main RAM
- 2 GHz 256 MB GDDR3 VRAM
- 700 MHz
- Various hard drive size options
- VRAM 22.4 GB
- Main RAM 25.6 GB
- RSX 20 G (write) + 15GB/s (read)
- HDMI: HDMI out x 2
- Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1
- Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
- Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
- Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
- Network (over IP)
- USB 2.0
- Wi-Fi (PSP)
- Bluetooth (up to 7)
Connectivity to USB devices
The core attraction of the Play station 3 is that it flaunts Sony's new Cell Processor that was jointly developed by Sony Group, Toshiba Corporation and IBM. With introduction of the new graphics processor (RSX) co-developed by SCEI and the NVIDIA Corporation & the memory developed by Rambus Inc. the PSP3 flaunts a great new technology! To further this, it has also made the use of BLU- RAY Disc ROM Shortly called the BD- ROM to give you the greatest storage capacity of 54 GB, dual layer, which delivers to you quality entertainment content in full HD (high definition) quality, protected and secured with the most advanced copyright protection technology in the world. PS3 announced support for high quality display in resolution of 1080p in addition to 720p/1080i, to match the accelerating convergence of digital consumer electronics and computer technology,
To enjoy the virtual landscapes and dive into the realistic world seen in large screen movies and to experience the excitement in real- time, get home the latest PS3 and become a hard core gamer.
Bring home a winner!